Monday, March 10, 2014

Book Review: Anything To Have You by Paige Harbison

Anything To Have You

Paige Harbison

304 Pages

Published January 28th, 2014

Nothing should come between best friends, not even boys. ESPECIALLY not boys.
Natalie and Brooke have had each other's backs forever. Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Brooke is the movie—the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be.
Then it happens—one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.
I loved this book at times and I hated this book at times. There was tons of dramatic situations we are exposed to that kept me flipping the pages, due to a high interest level. However , annoying characters made the interest dwindle over time, and I found myself shaking my head at how stupid teenagers could be.

Brooke was the loud friend. She didn't care about school all that much, just wanted to climb the ladder of popularity. Yeah, I know that it's common for teens to feel insecure about themselves and desperately want to be popular.. but really... this girl is awful. She's pretty sluttish, going after every boy she sees, even though she has a boyfriend that she treats pretty bad, if you ask me. She was rude and controlling when it came to her best friend, Natalie.. overall I really didn't like Brooke, even when she was being funny.

Natalie was an iffy character for me as well, though I could enjoy her more than Brooke. She was shy and had the potential to be popular, but unlike other teens she didn't really care. That I DID like - she was her own person. However.. she's a bit of a pushover. She lets Brooke walk all over her and boss her around like she's her parent. when she should have been standing up for herself.

Aiden... even though he's technically a cheater with a bit of an angry streak, I really liked him.. he's the only character in the book I liked. He seemed to be a sweetheart and I liked watching his and Nat's relationship grow and evolve. They had similar interests that really helped pull them together, and their romance is what redeemed this book for me.. without them getting together I probably would've hated this book completely.

While Anything To Have You has its' fair share of issues, there were things I loved as well. A fast paced plot filled with high stakes drama kept me engaged and satisfied me in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment