Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Book Review: Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing The Limits

Katie McGarry

392 Pages

Published July 31st, 2012

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.
But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.
Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
 I've had this one on my shelf for ages and a few weeks back I knew it was finally time to dig into this one and see what all the hype was about. I'm not too big on contemporaries or romance stories, so  I had my doubts straight from the beginning. After reading Pushing The Limits it's safe to say that it's worth all the hyper and more. This was a truly amazing read that gave me the feels guys - the feels!

We have excellent character development in this book. Seriously. I felt like Echo, Noah, Beth and Isiah were some of my best buds, that I'd known them for a long time. Echo had a haunting past that even she didn't remember, and it was one hell of an emotional ride seeing flashes from her past and finally finding out how she got the jagged scars all up and down her arms.

Noah is another story. A hunky bad boy on the outside, a cautious young man with real priorities and feelings on the inside. These two were perfect for each other, trying their hardest to help each other cope with the demons of their past.

I loved how this wasn't "just' a romance book. It had a lot of other plot-lines running through it, adding suspense and other layers to the already captivating story. You quickly fall i n love with not just one, but every character in these books. I've already read Beth's story and am working on Isiah's!



No comments:

Post a Comment